Company Generac Power Systems
Name Software Development Internship - Rotational Program (May 2023)
Req # 60593
Location Waukesha CORP
Employment Type Intern
A career at Generac means stepping into a company that leads technological advances. For more than five decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas, and bi-fuel generators, but we've evolved into so much more. As we continue to grow in both size and technological advances, we consistently push past norms to pave a way towards the future. We are not simply satisfied with what is working now. Instead, we challenge ourselves to revolutionize and optimize the industry while bringing out the best in our people.
In this rotational intern program, you will have the opportunity to understand the full life cycle of software development.
Our Connectivity team is seeking an intern to join us for a 9-month rotational internship! In this role you will have the opportunity join our Software Development, Software Quality Assurance, and Analytics teams for 12-week assignments. This role is designed to help interns learn the full software development lifecycle. Candidates for this position must be able to work onsite/hybrid 15-20 hours per week and full-time during breaks for 9 consecutive months
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In a 12 week timeframe with the Software Development team, you will:
- Write codes to develop new applications and enhancements to existing web and mobile applications using best practice design patterns to ensure robust scalability.
- Implement application designs that meet market needs and are easily extended with evolving business needs.
- Writes and executes test plans. Records and documents the results of the test and provides insight on the variances between the planned results versus actual results to the Software QA Lead and the software development team as appropriate.
- Operates and maintains test environments.
- Develop and analyze various reports to support Connectivity initiative including ongoing reports highlighting the initiative progress and successes, customer and channel profitability analysis, bridge analysis and monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasting projections.
- Leverage analytics to initiate discussions regarding program opportunities including: web analytics, account strategies, sales objectives, tactics and resource requirements. May also include research of markets, trends, competitors and products to provide positioning intelligence to enhance opportunity discussions
- Actively enrolled in an accredited Bachelor's or Master's degree program in computer science, information systems, or related discipline
- Able to work 15-20 hours per week and full-time during breaks for 9 consecutive months
- Prior internship experience software development, quality assurance, or analytics
- Prior development experience including: web, API, database, and mobile applications
- Experience building code using .NET stack
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
*Proficient working knowledge of development
*Ability to work as part of large implementation team that executes in agile fashion
*Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
*Strong attention to detail and time management skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job include are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."