By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. At the American Red Cross, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
We are currently seeking a Senior Category Manager, Strategic Services Procurement - IT This is a work from home position located within the United States, (EST/CST time zone)
The American Red Cross spends ~$2 billion annually on goods and services. Of this amount, $1.2 billion is spent on goods and services that should be strategically sourced (sourceable), including regulated and non-regulated materials, supplies, facilities and equipment maintenance, consulting, and IT hardware and software. The $0.8 billion in spend that is not strategically sourced consists of payments to government agencies, grant recipients, inter-Red Cross transfers, and payroll and employee benefits. Of the $1.2B that is sourceable, nearly $150M in spend each year on IT good and services.
Key Objectives for the Senior Category Manager, Strategic Services Procurement - IT
- Provide Supply Management and IT procurement support to clients assigned by the Director, operating independently and with a high level of expertise.
- Provide category management expertise in the areas of global resourcing of application development, support, and maintenance.
- Provide negotiation leadership for agreements and statements of work in support of IT procurement demands.
- Be the lead subject matter expert for global IT resourcing from global regions such as the Americas, Eastern Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
- Support and enable critical project resourcing initiatives for key technologies from Salesforce, Informatica, AWS, and Microsoft.
Accountable for mitigating supply risk, maximizing financial improvement and driving innovation with the supply base via the spend managed in his/her remit area. Develops category strategies. Monitors performance indicators, analyzes cost-to-serve performance data and coordinates with cross-functional work teams to increase effectiveness. Drives towards process improvements to mitigate risk, simplify processes and follow best practices.
For those candidates located inConnecticutthe salary range for this positionis: $119,000.00 - $127.000. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location
The Senior Category Manager, Strategic Services Procurement-IT will have a variety of accountabilities and responsibilities, some of which will be achieved through influence. Examples include:
- Work with the Sr. Director and Director of IT Strategic Procurement to ensure demands and priorities are synchronized with expectations of IT and Supply Management leadership.
- Lead, develop and implement category strategies to enable IT resourcing for on-shore, near-shore, and off-shore demands.
- Work with the CIO, IT VP leaders, and project teams to contribute to business cases, manage spend, and plan project procurement timelines.
- Work with internal partners such as the Office of the General Counsel, Enterprise Risk and Information Security to assess, negotiate and execute agreements.
- Work with Red Cross clients and suppliers to author and negotiate statements of work and ordering documents, with the goal of supporting good outcomes for project investments.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of clients and suppliers to understand procurement demands, oversee renewals, and perform contract change control.
- Know and participate in Supply Management processes, to include the Stakeholder Advisory Board, Risk Council, P&L Improvement, and Supplier Diversity.
- Perform the business of IT Strategic Procurement, contributing to team performance, P&L improvement, and diversity goals.
- Bachelor's degree in related disciplines such as Finance, Supply Management, Economics, Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 7+ years of professional experience, to include Supply Management, Procurement or IT Business Office roles responsible for IT supplier or category management.
- Information Technology experience overseeing IT services and suppliers.
- Strong working knowledge of the IT marketplace, terminology and industry norms.
- Demonstrable experience with application development and managed services agreements and statements of work.
- Demonstrable experience with off-shore or near-shore service providers and agreements in global regions such as Latin America, South America, Asia-Pacific, or Eastern Europe.
- Adept negotiation skills in pay for performance and shared risk allocation in agreements.
- Strong problem-solving, collaboration and influence skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional business meetings, develop and deliver clear presentations and communicate with stakeholders.
- Solid business acumen coupled with understanding of business structures, processes, and information flow in an organization with multiple lines of business.
- Use of Red Cross Supply Management tools such as Coupa.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
- Combined experience in both Supply Management and IT professions.
- Experience with major IT service providers and suppliers.
- Experience authoring and contracting professional services statements of work.
- Experience with large non-profits, humanitarian services, or biomedical industries.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights