BHI Energy is searching for qualified candidates for an Electrical Engineer for one of our key clients. The Electrical Engineer is directly responsible for electrical engineering design review and support for the Development Team. This position is for a corporate office in San Diego, California. Relocation may be required.
* 40% - Serves as the subject matter expert for the electrical engineering standards and specifications across a project portfolio, as assigned by the Director of Engineering & Program Management. Several field areas of expertise are acceptable: power system studies, collector system design, BESS design, equipment (inverters, transformers, etc.)
* 15%- Supports project development, prepares interconnection applications, performs preliminary plant design, drafts single-line diagrams, and similar engineering duties as required.
* 5% - Supports proposal and estimating activities.
* 5% - Responsible for representing engineering in all designated subject matter related matters across all projects, including attending the project meetings in person or by phone (as required).
* 5% - Writes, edits and reviews the technical specifications and scope of work documents produced by the engineering department in the support of proposal, due diligence, estimating and contracting activities.
* 5% - Reviews and responds to RFI/submittals.
* 5% - Communicates, reports and tracks key project deliverables assigned by the Project Engineering Manager.
* 5% - Proposes continuous improvement and innovative solutions for the company.
* 5% - Actively participates in external technical seminars, as approved by supervisor.
* 5% - Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Engineering or his/her designee.
* 5% - Other duties as assigned