|Posting Type:||Open to All Applicants|
|Category:||Healthcare Practitioners and Technical||FLSA Exempt/|
|Agency:||Health & Human Services Comm||Department:||Pharmacy|
|Job Title:||Pharmacy Technician I||Posting Number:||463486|
|Full Time/Part Time :||Full Time||Regular/Temporary:||Regular|
|Job Location:||3980 STATE SCHOOL RD||City:||DENTON|
|Contact:||AccessHR Service Center||Telephone:||888-894-4747|
|Salary Range:||$2,075.83 - $3,047.58||Salary Group:||A10|
Pharmacy Technician I
Pharmacy Technician I Performs moderately complex (journey-level) pharmaceutical assistance work. Work involves performing pharmaceutical stock keeping and providing technical assistance. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
The Pharmacy Tech I is responsible for adhering to standards of professional, legal, and ethical practice, all applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and/or guidelines of HHSC, Texas State Board of Pharmacy, and the Denton State Supported Living Center.
Work includes technical pharmacy services that do not require professional judgment regarding preparing and distributing drugs. Works under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and is responsible to a pharmacist, as defined in Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Title 22, Part 15, Chapter 291, Subchapter D, Rule *291.72.
|Essential Job Functions:|
Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Performs drug preparation and distribution duties within the department's scope of responsibilities and practice.
2. Performs non-sterile medication prepackaging and compounding
3. Performs receiving functions for pharmaceuticals and non-pharmaceuticals as assigned
4. Assist with clerical duties as assigned, including the preparation of reports by using Microsoft Office and Business Objects.
5. Receives, interprets, and processes refills requested by using Cerner to be dispensed after the pharmacist checks.
6. Assist with inventory management by adjustment of medication in the pharmacy computer system and participating with inventory
7. Delivers medications to nursing office and medication
8. Ensures that information, such as drugs' generic names, expiration dates, and lot numbers, are properly recorded on labels and log records for repackaged drugs.
9. Enters medication information, prescriptions, and directions for use into databases or patient profiles.
10. Maintains proper records, storage, and security conditions for drugs and pharmaceutical supplies.
11. Prepares, receives, and reconciles drug shipments; stocks drugs; and reports drug shortages for order.
12. Processes charge vouchers and credits, types labels and purchase orders, and logs prescriptions.
13. Receives and fills stock orders, pulling medication for review and labeling by pharmacists.
14.Assists customers, answers telephones, and responds to questions or requests.
15. May assist in filling prescriptions.
16. May compound internal and external preparations for pharmacist review.
17. Performs related work as assigned.
18. The technician prepares cart for delivery to the medication rooms at the facility.
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
|Knowledge Skills Abilities:|
Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical terms including brand and generic names of medications.
Knowledge of Medicare Part D and the laws and regulations related to pharmaceutical operations.
Skill in the operation of pharmaceutical equipment.
Ability to prepare prescriptions, to inventory supplies, and to communicate effectively.
Transport the medication in the medication carts safely.
Math skills needed to calculate dosages for replacement of medications.
|Registration or Licensure Requirements:|
Must be certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB); registered with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
|Initial Selection Criteria:|
Experience in pharmaceutical assistance work. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Salary Note: The salary offered will follow HHS starting salary guidelines which are typically made at or near the minimum of the salary range.
Applicants must pass a fingerprint criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, and registry checks including the Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Nurse Aide, Medication Aide and Employee Misconduct and HHS OIG List of Excluded Individuals/Entities. Males between the ages of 18 - 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
All State Supported Living Center employees are subject to Random Drug Testing.
Flexibility in work hours may be required for this position. The position may be required to work overtime and/or extended hours.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for employment at a state-operated facility.
Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 38Q, HM, HS, 4P0X1. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For more information see the Texas State Auditor's Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.