Best People + Right Culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn's success.
By hiring inspired people, giving them interesting and challenging work, enabling them with innovative tools, and letting them share in the company's rewards, we've found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
FIELD LAYOUT ENGINEER FAMILY - CORE
- Plans, sets up, and maintains layout control for assigned construction project(s) and identifies unacceptable errors.
- Establishes building corners and permanent reference points to allow back checks of building location.
- Verify existing elevations shown on drawings used on roadways and utilities.
- Lays out column center lines and wall locations, and verifies that exterior skin is not encroached by main structure.
- Plumbs structural steel frame and check column alignments.
- Sets and maintains benchmarks and control lines on each floor for use in layout, and verify that workers are using proper elevations and control lines.
- Checks slab for elevation and alignment during concrete pours.
- Performs as-built surveys to verify correct placement of work and to identify conflicts between items of work (i.e., where concrete slab edge or walls have encroached on the exterior skin), and may help maintain as-built drawings.
- Assist other project staff in securing certified layout from independent engineering resources to establish monument and baseline control and to verify building corners and roadway entrances.
- Calculates earth, rock, and concrete quantities accurately.
- Assist with the coordination of shop drawings with contract drawings, verifies accuracy, and proposes solutions to discrepancies between the drawings.
- Responsible for care, maintenance, and calibration of engineering equipment.
- Compile and maintain project record and as-built documents. Ensures storage protocols are followed.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written – Basic.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Basic.
- Gain a working knowledge of organizational structure and resources provided.
- Knowledge of LEAN construction principals.
- General knowledge of means and methods of construction management.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, both internally and externally.
- High School/GED or equivalent (Required)
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management (Preferred)
- In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be considered
- 2+ years construction layout experience (Required)
JE Dunn Construction is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. JE Dunn Construction is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
JE Dunn provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please submit your request to
JE Dunn Construction Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of JE Dunn Construction without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of JE Dunn Construction Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.