Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
IPT Technology Solutions (IPT) is passionate about providing our customers with technical solutions that satisfy their business needs. Through collaborative interactions with customers, team members, subject matter experts (SMEs), technical leaders, and partners we design practical solutions that solve real problems for major government and business organizations. As a member of our Technology Solutions group, you will work with a team of technologists focused on delivering innovative business solutions using emerging technologies through proven successful methods.
We are looking for talented people who are enthusiastic about applying technology to deliver innovative outcomes with "fierce determination, fearless integrity, and passionate service." Our belief is that our people are the key to success. By encouraging and enabling continued learning, our team members grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Ability to solve challenging business problems
- Self-directed professionals
- Hunger to continually learn and grow
"Ability to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance is Required/US Citizen"
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will work closely with our Federal client to help design, implement, maintain, and test a variety of technical solutions by utilizing a variety of the latest technologies. Must be able to commute to Austin, Texas or Reston, Virginia.
- Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations
- Use knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, LAN/WAN, IP addresses, and administration to complete a variety of projects
- Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work
- Use knowledge of servers, PC's, and networks to ensure the environment works correctly within a systems architecture
- Technical knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Assist with documentation to ensure they can be continued into the future
- Utilize technical writing skills and the ability to communicate with stakeholders
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Hyper-V of VMware vSphere
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft System Center components such as Virtual Machine Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager and Service Reporting
Profile of Success:
- Utilize BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience combined with 1-3 years of experience in systems engineering
- Use in-depth experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions
- Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth
- Desire to learn Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configuration, patterns and practices
- Maintain a DoD security clearance to gain access to client sites and networks
Desirable Skills/Nice to Have:
- Experience leading enterprise deployments
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or comparable technologies
- Experience with automated configuration and provisioning using tools such has Puppet, Ansible, Chef or SaltStack
- Understanding of the ITIL and MOF operational processes
- Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSE
- Some project management experience.
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
IPT Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment. The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, status as a veteran or disabled veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We base all employment decisions, including recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotions, transfers, lay-offs, returns from lay-off, terminations, and social and recreational programs on the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Our employees have diverse backgrounds, skills, and ideas that collectively contribute to a rich working environment and greater opportunity for innovation.