Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger-and tinier-than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips-the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own-faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
The Customer Group (CG) team is our field based, customer facing organization consisting of Sales, Marketing, Applications, Finance, Human Resources, Facilities & IT. They partner closely with our customers to provide a comprehensive portfolio of products, services, software and expertise, to help them manage yield throughout their fabrication process-from research and development to final volume production. Responsibilities of this group include maintaining strategic client relationships, identifying and closing sales opportunities, ensuring our products meet performance capabilities & expectations, providing critical solutions for improved yield performance, and collecting requirements for future products by understanding customer processes and technology trends. Partnering with our service organization and factory divisions, this diverse and dynamic team helps ensure alignment between customer needs and corporate offering to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
** This position is based in Austin, TX **
Primarily responsible for (Altair, OMD, Laser Scan), Customer Engineer is to support service activities associated with modifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing of highly complex capital equipment at customer sites.
- Represent the company to the customer and assume accountability for customer satisfaction with service.
- Assure operational quality of system equipment.
- Coordinate actions with customers to minimize down time.
- Provide assistance to Installation Engineers in resolving problems.
- Evaluate, analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot technical equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Ensure equipment enhances customer production.
- Repair and modify equipment at customer facility.
- Evaluate equipment to determine type and extend of problem.
- Repair board problems which can be performed using standard procedures as well as system level problems which have multiple causes and no standard procedures exist.
- Repair of system level problems are based on CSE's technical knowledge, education and training.
- Board problems vs. system level problems are split 50/50.
- In analyzing and diagnosing equipment problems, the Customer Support Engineer may access and determine problem exists in customer process such as chemical leaks or contamination and as a result may recommend shutdown of customer fab due to unsafe conditions.
- Provide guidance and technical assistance to Installation Engineer on installations at customer sites or on installing/dismantling demonstration machines. Also provide guidance to less senior CSE's.
- Travel by car or airplane to customer facilities.
- Conduct customer orientation on all aspects of equipment user applications.
- Cross train and assist other field service engineers as appropriate.
- Prepare reports on customer support activity and provides documentation to engineering, marketing and sales on reoccurring problems.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- BS in electronics or related technical field preferred.
- Must be proficient in using O-Scope, DVM and other basic test equipment.
- Skilled troubleshooting complex mechanical, electronic, and pneumatics systems.
- Good customer and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Commitment to task completion with attention to detail.
- Computer skills, networking knowledge and fab experience a plus.
- Candidate must be willing to submit and pass extensive background check as part of customer access badging process.
- Candidate must also be willing to work weekends as well as rotating or compressed workweek shifts as assigned.
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of related experience OR combination of technical training and related experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.