|Posting Type:||Open to All Applicants|
|Category:||Computer and Mathematical||FLSA Exempt/|
|Agency:||Health & Human Services Comm||Department:||STATE DCS SERVICE DELIVERY|
|Job Title:||Systems Analyst V||Posting Number:||440977|
|Full Time/Part Time :||Full Time||Regular/Temporary:||Regular|
|Job Location:||701 W 51ST ST||City:||AUSTIN|
|Contact:||AccessHR Service Center||Telephone:||888-894-4747|
|Salary Range:||$4,917.00 - $8,060.00||Salary Group:||B24|
Systems Analyst V
Acts as the primary customer service liaison (Customer Representative CR) between HHS, DIR, Data Center Service (DCS) Providers, and customers that receive outsourced infrastructure data center services pursuant to HB 1516 (79th Legislature, Regular Session). The position is responsible for reading and comprehending highly complex information technology plans, contracts and supporting contractual appendices and addendums. The CR interacts with Executive, Senior Program Management Staff, as a highly technical representative both within HHS and among external state agency partners daily. This position will support project management functions, attend outage bridges for DCS assets and help with misc. Tasks and efforts related to the DIR DCS and STS program. Works under minimal direction with extensive latitude and independent judgment.
|Essential Job Functions:|
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule following agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
Works with HHS Governance and supports and facilitates the translation of HHS customer business requirements into effective technical infrastructure solutions. Based on an in-depth understanding of the HHS business environment and needs, in collaboration with internal and external service providers; acts as a point of contact to assist HHS customers (state agencies and others) with the development of analyses, plans, and requirements related to outsourced data center infrastructure services. (25%)
Acts as point of contact, customer advocate, and liaison between representatives from HHS customers and the Data Center Services (DCS) providers regarding data center service level issues, management issues, DIR exemptions, and escalated performance issues; coordinates with customers, service provider, and HHS Information Technology staff regarding root cause problem analysis/resolution and change management concerning data center services. (25%)
Advocates and communicates customer technical infrastructure requirements, priorities, and plans to the outsourced Data Center Services (DCS) service provider in coordination with representatives from HHS. The position will be responsible for communicating technical information to HHS Legal counsel for the purpose of validating contractual changes over the lifespan of the contract. CR coordinates budgetary approvals for project and change requests affecting budgets. The Customer Representative contributes to strategic state-level decisions and projections that span multiple biennium. The CR facilitates effective communication, planning, requirements definition, issue escalation, and information sharing among DIR, DIR customers and the service provider (vendor) regarding day-to-day service delivery for outsourced data center services. (15%)
Acts as initial point of contact for customers regarding questions and needs arising from the delivery of Data Center Services (DCS); answers inquiries and provides support and assistance based on analysis to facilitate receipt of DCS services. (15%)
Participates in service provider status and problem-solving meetings representing the enterprise and customer perspective; collaborates with other DIR technical experts to identify and analyze problems, trends, and issues and address them to resolution. (10%)
Assist with the development and evaluation of customer service performance metrics in coordination with the Governance teams and committees to facilitate assessment of Data Center Services (DCS) performance in serving HHS customers. (10%)
|Knowledge Skills Abilities:|
* Skills in motivating people, interpersonal communications, and influencing decisions
* Skills in negotiation and problem resolution
* Skills in technical knowledge of mainframe and server and high volume print/mail computer related planning and operational processes
* Ability to understand and articulate the IT infrastructure requirements of business unit stakeholders, especially in a Texas state government setting
* Ability to understand issues and technology opportunities, and the proper way to handle them in a Texas state government setting
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to communicate effectively with individuals and project team members
* Ability to establish and maintain a service orientation and effective working relationships with multiple business units and IT technical stakeholders
* Ability to sustain an active client to service provider business relationship
* Ability to understand and support the forecasting of IT infrastructure resource requirements
* Ability to address service provider (vendor) service delivery issues in a Texas state government agency context
* Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, monitor and evaluate multiple priorities
* Ability to attend to details and track tasks and milestones
* Ability to plan and organize activities and communications to achieve results related to IT infrastructure services
* Ability to work occasional overtime and a flexible schedule as needed to meet required deadlines
* Ability to travel as necessary
* Ability to comply with all agency policy and applicable laws
* Ability to comply with all relevant health and safety rules, regulations, and standards
|Registration or Licensure Requirements:|
|Initial Selection Criteria:|
* Knowledge of Texas state agency IT-related processes and requirements.
* Broad knowledge in the following areas: mainframe, server, high volume print/mail, computer-related planning, and operational procedures, and disaster recovery.
* Understanding of project management processes, tools, and methodologies; with experience in task/schedule management, risk/issue management; plan, organize, coordinate, monitor and evaluate multiple priorities.
* Knowledge of the Data Center Services (DCS) contract; experience in use of ITSM, ServiceNow, and CMDB systems preferred.
* Knowledge of the DCS contract roles and responsibilities for the Customer Representative, Customer Service Manager, and Agency Account Manager
* Knowledge of Incident, Problem, and Change Management processes.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.