We are seeking a talented experienced controls engineer to join our Webster, TX office. The ideal candidate would have experience with Experion and be open to travel.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a refinery project and have the potential to travel to the Virgin Islands.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Five years or more experience in an Industrial Controls Engineering environment
- Experience with Honeywell Experion
- Experience with loop tuning
- Experience with APC is a plus
- Demonstrates a high level knowledge in process controls including detailed understanding of the process, ability to optimize the parameters and optimize the measurable outcomes while minimizing risks of hazards.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge of P&IDs and instrumentation/control equipment in an industrial environment.
- Demonstrates, optimizes and instructs an expert knowledge of the control methods, analog and discrete and the critical components to developing sustainable control algorithms.
- Proficient experience in implementing control methodology in DCS, PLC or HMI platforms with a high level of understanding of various programming languages. Able to easily adapt to a new platform with development support.
- Ability to optimize design and implement knowledge of control system architecture including hardware, software, instrumentation and networking equipment.
- Proficient understanding of analog advanced control and batch control and ability to lead implementation
- Demonstrates leadership in loop checking, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning support in an industrial environment.
- Proficient ability to understand control philosophy and write functional requirement specifications based on expected functionality including description of control loops, interlocks and alarms.
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge of 120 VAC control circuits inside electric motor starters and able to read motor schematics and electrical one line diagrams.
- Demonstrates a high level of knowledge of Cause and Effect Charts and Functional Specifications used to develop software for process automation control system logic (as needed for position & industry).
- Demonstrates a proactive commitment to safety by taking the time to understand risks and completing all required safety training.
- Complies with safety requirements by following all safety procedures and by reporting/documenting safety incidences and near misses.
- Demonstrates personal accountability to learning and development of oneself as well as assisting with development of new employees and peers.
- Willingly accepts coaching and mentoring from more experienced resources and provides the same when working with entry level resources.
- Promotes teamwork by participating as a team player while also demonstrating effective communication skills with the team, management and the customer.
- Proactively works to build good relationships with peers, leaders and customers while also demonstrating the ability to meet customer expectations.
- Seeks out new responsibilities and stretch opportunities while demonstrating creativity in identifying better means of accomplishing a job.
- Displays ambition for learning new processes, platforms or other new offerings at MAVERICK.
- Displays leadership abilities including honesty, integrity and professionalism across all aspects of the business.
- Demonstrates a willing, can-do attitude by actively participating in teams.
- Exhibits proficiency and personal accountability for project performance and meeting customer needs.
- Demonstrates a business acumen that allows for effective utilization of tools and standards to ensure project deliverables are met.
Awards and Recognition:
Check out some of our Awards below, and then visit our website at to learn more about MAVERICK Technologies. We look forward to your application and always welcome referrals!
- International Society of Automation's Premier Strategic Partner for Systems Integration
- received ISA's Excellence in Leadership Award and Honorary Membership (2012)
- Proud to be in Control Engineering's System Integrator Hall of Fame
- Control Engineering's 2011 System Integrator of the Year (2011, 2015)
- named an ISA Fellow.
- 2008 Frost & Sullivan North American System Integrator Company of the Year
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Microsoft Business Solutions
- Diamond Level Service Partner for Yokogawa Corporation of America
- One of the Inc. 500/5000 Fastest Growing Companies - named six times.
- named Ernst & Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year (2002)
MAVERICK Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Disability/Veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at .
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the for more information.