Sr Loss Prevention Specialist - Waco/North Texas Area (19084291)
Keeping expenses and profit loss under control is critical to growing our business. Our Loss Prevention Team works to minimize the loss of profits, systematically reduce shrink, and thwart organized criminal activity. As a Senior Loss Prevention Specialist, you will work in one of our Stores to help protect our assets by preventing theft and reducing shrink.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... an ability to think like the Customer, not just about the Customer?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... the skill to convert how Partners understand financial / shrink results into action?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... the interpersonal skills to navigate guidelines, and facilitate relationships and opposition?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree and experience in investigative techniques
- excellent written / verbal communication skills
What is the work?
Loss Prevention / Security:
- Detects / resolves external theft by identifying, investigating, resolving theft incidents
- Conducts surveillances, detains and interviews persons apprehended in shoplifting incidents
- Recovers assets; makes safe apprehensions
- Educates store Partners and management on Loss Prevention-related matters to improve theft awareness and maintain a safe store environment
- Conducts inspections of physical security standards
Interviewing / Investigating:
- Uses advanced interviewing techniques
- Identifies / assists with internal cases by conducting surveillance, researching, and investigating the incidents
Reporting & Documentation:
- Writes / documents case reports for theft incidents; writes weekly activity reports
- Provides input to LP Leadership on annual budgeting, staffing, training, LPS certification, scheduling, and feedback on performance
What is your background?
- High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor-s degree a plus
- 3 - 4 years of experience in investigative auditing and / or retail Loss Prevention
- Experience in / extensive knowledge of investigative techniques
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Loss Prevention Specialist?
- Knowledge in the areas of theft investigation and interviewing
- General knowledge of video systems
- Advanced PC skills including MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and computer software programs / applications required by the job
- Good interviewing skills
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills; bilingual language skills a plus
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and shift focus between tasks; attention to detail
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- Ability to confront individuals in a calm and diplomatic manner
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis
- Work extended hours and rotating schedules
- Access and move around all areas of the store quickly
- Make theft apprehensions
- Conduct visual surveillance of the store
- Have a reliable source of transportation (required)
- Obtain / maintain a valid driver's license (required)