CEVA Logistics is currently hiring a Director NORTAM Gateways located in Houston, TX. Responsible for the cost effective, service orientated operational oversite of all NORTAM Gateways Import (CFS) and Export. Role will have the overall responsibility for quality net revenue generation through the building of large and effective ULD based consolidations, service orientated management oversight of CFS operations in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami and Chicago, local carrier and supplier procurement (Ad Hoc) , relationship management , allocation/capacity planning and to adhere to the strict service level requirements of our clients.
- Develop and execute innovative approaches to handling existing and new lines of export volumes – that will ensure both the reduction of direct and the enhancement of net revenue and yields.
- Continual analysis and management of consol mix to ensure maximum tactical profitability.
- Optimize procurement cost through effective local buying / negotiations.
- Manage effective capacity planning in line with corporate carrier strategy, thus ensuring the most cost effective and service orientated routings.
- Ongoing vendor management – ensure periodic performance reviews conducted to ensure optimal service and performance levels
- Prepare and effectively manage all Air Export Gateways and assigned CFSs within budgeted operating costs.
- Use acquired job knowledge to interact with other departments and stations in order to investigate customer or shipping problems as well as problem identification and solution generation.
- Manage by continual improvement to achieve targets set through Gateway Balanced Scorecard. Ensure KPIs are continually reviewed to ensure effective operational management.
- Maintain and ensure timely completion of Air Export/Import Balanced scorecard.
- Ensure smooth and effective implementation of new business and consol destinations
- Review and reconcile CASS and all management financial reports. Ensure disputes are resolved with carriers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate achieved cost database by lane and work with the sales and pricing organization to ensure market competitive pricing is provided.
- In conjunction with Senior Manager, TSA Compliance – effective management of screening operation.
- Appraise employee performance though effective reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BSci) in Business discipline
- 10 years Airfreight experience in High volume Airfreight export environment
- Airline ULD types and aircraft
- Load Master experience in Freighter types and loading
- Above standard knowledge of loading and BUP process
- Previous Break Bulk and CFS knowledge essential.
- Ability to maintain an effective level of performance and continue to exercise sound decision making skills in the face of conflicting or stressful demands