|Posting Type:||Open to All Applicants|
|Category:||Life, Physical, and Social Science||FLSA Exempt/|
|Agency:||Health & Human Services Comm||Department:||Adm AcuteCarePsych Psychology|
|Job Title:||Mental Health Specialist V||Posting Number:||439825|
|Full Time/Part Time :||Full Time||Regular/Temporary:||Regular|
|Job Location:||805 N DICKINSON DR||City:||RUSK|
|Contact:||AccessHR Service Center||Telephone:||888-894-4747|
|Salary Range:||$3,763.16 - $6,149.00||Salary Group:||B20|
Are you ready to be professionally challenged? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team of engaged and committed professionals? Then the State Hospital System (SHS) may be just the place for you! The SHS is comprised of nine psychiatric hospitals located throughout the state and one youth residential psychiatric center in Waco. The SHS is a hub of excellence for forensic mental health and complex psychiatric care, with all facilities accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospitals provide state-of-the-art treatment that is recovery-oriented and science-based. Whether in a direct-care or support role, your contribution will make a difference in the life of a Texan. Apply now to join our team.
The Mental Health Specialist V works a Monday to Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM schedule. Location will depend on the needs of the hospital.
The Mental Health Specialist V performs advanced psychological/therapeutic work, functioning as a unit psychologist and providing consultation regarding behavioral interventions for patients across the hospital. Work involves diagnosing, treatment planning, counseling/therapy, reporting, developing behavior plans, and documentation. Requires ability to work independently and with a high degree of accuracy. May plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others. Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Must understand that duties may include exposure to blood or other potentially infectious material.
|Essential Job Functions:|
Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
2. May be required to work a specific shift schedule, or at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy.
3. Conduct treatments for assigned cases; document clinical issues, observations, interventions, and progress to termination of the rendered modality, conforming to discipline standards, HHSC rules, and applicable laws
4. Actively participate in continuous quality improvement for the psychology discipline, program(s) served and the Hospital to promote quality patient care. May be tasked to manage counseling intern program(s) from local universities
5. Interviews referred patients and recommends to the patient's treatment team the treatment(s) which will help the patient achieve stability, achieve his/her goals, and maintain recovery after discharge from the hospital.
6. Develops and/or conducts specialized psychoeducational groups to help patients gain knowledge and develop skills to aid in their recovery.
7. Interviews patients and reviews records in order to help with diagnostic clarification and treatment planning. This may occur in regular treatment team meetings and in Difficult Case Conferences.
8. Develops individual behavior plans to address problematic behaviors such as aggression, self-harm, intrusiveness, etc. Works with staff to successfully implement these plans. Monitors effectiveness and modifies plans as needed.
9. Participates in quality assurance and quality enhancement activities related to psychological service provision and to treatment across the hospital. This may include completing chart audits, participating in tracer activities, and reporting on psychological services he/she has provided.
Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency's obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
|Knowledge Skills Abilities:|
1. Knowledge of counseling, psychometric, and physiological principles, diagnostic criteria, and evaluation methods.
2. Skill in the use of evaluation and assessment techniques, and in de-escalation procedures.
3. Demonstrated knowledge or skill with inpatient psychiatric population.
4. Ability to organize workloads; provide counseling, interpret diagnostic evaluations, analyze behavior, develop behavior modification and skill acquisition plans, and maintain accurate records.
5. Working knowledge with forensic inpatients preferred but not required.
|Registration or Licensure Requirements:|
1. Must be licensed as a Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Provisionally Licensed Psychologist eligible to pursue licensure by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologist as a Licensed Psychologist within one year, and/or related specialty certification preferred such as BCBA.
|Initial Selection Criteria:|
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a master's or doctorate degree in psychology, counseling, or a related field.
2. Experience in psychological/therapeutic work.
3.Must be Licensed as a Licensed Psychological Associate (LPA), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Provisionally Licensed Psychologist eligible to pursue licensure by the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologist as a Licensed Psychologist within one year, and/or related specialty certification preferred such as BCBA.
Sign Language Preferred.
Applicants must pass a fingerprint criminal background check, pre-employment drug screen, and registry checks including the Client Abuse/Neglect Reporting System (CANRS), Nurse Aid, Medication Aide and Employee Misconduct, and HHS OIG list of Excluded Individuals/Entities. Males between the ages of 18-25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for employment at a state-operated facility.
Salary Note: The salary offered will follow HHS starting salary guidelines which are typically made at or near the posted minimum of the salary range.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, healthcare workers are considered to be at significant risk for acquiring or transmitting hepatitis B, measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), and influenza. All of these diseases are vaccine-preventable. As a result, state hospital policy requires employees be vaccinated according to their level of contact with patients. In the event you choose to not be immunized for the influenza virus, you may be required to wear a mask and take other protective measures.
Requisition ID 439825
Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 67D, 71F, 73B, 230X, MED10, 42PX. For more information see the Texas State Auditor's Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.