Under general supervision, the incumbent performs maintenance and repairs to county owned vehicles and equipment, working in a shop and in the field.
- Performs general vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Performs engine repairs.
- Performs hydraulic repairs.
- Performs electronic diagnosis including starting and charging systems, hydraulic systems, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent from an accredited educational institution AND Five (5) years of full-time paid experience in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Two (2) years of Technical school AND Three (3) years of full-time paid experience in equipment repair and maintenance.
- Must have the necessary tools to perform job duties.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of current vehicle repair and maintenance techniques.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license Texas driver's License.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test as required.
Environmental and Physical Requirements:
- Must understand and follow oral and written instructions in a thorough, neat, and timely manner.
- Must maintain a neat appearance, be cooperative, on time, and handle work assignments with minimum supervision.
- Must maintain a helpful, courteous behavior at all times, and be able to effectively communicate.
- Must be a self-starter possessing the interpersonal skills required to be a productive team player.
- Must be able to work in a shop environment with reasonable climate control, but may be required to work with no air conditioning or heating.
- Job duties may require standing, sitting, working, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting, and stretching.
- May work in cramped and awkward positions using all types of mechanical tools and other equipment.
- May be asked to work outdoors in elements such as hot, cold and rain.
- May be exposed to dust, dirt, fumes, etc.
NOTE: To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Highway 6 and Clay, Houston TX
- 40 Hours Per Week
- May be required to work more than forty hours during the workweek and/or weekends.
- Subject to early morning, evening, weekend and holiday work as required.
- Depends on Qualifications
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
This position is Safety Sensitive and subject to random drug and alcohol screening
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to advertised closing date.