|Title||DIRECT CARE MONITOR LEAD (2nd Shift)|
|Program||Harris County - Atascocita Men's Program|
|Description||* Monitors and observes clients, ensures their safety and well-being, and provides motivational support and guidance to assist them in meeting therapeutic goals.|
* Reports client observations and contributes to treatment decisions concerning therapy, discipline, and privileges.
* Monitors clients in medication self-administration, collects urine samples from clients for laboratory screening and administer breathalyzer to clients for detection of alcohol use.
* Supports treatment plans by scheduling and coordinating client transportation, assisting in planning client interactive events, and so forth.
|Requirements||* High school diploma or equivalency required|
* Minimum of 6 months of training or equivalent knowledge of substance abuse treatment theory and practices
* Previous work experience with an adult population in a residential or outpatient setting is preferred
* Must be able to respectfully interact with substance abuse clients and form a working therapeutic alliance
* Valid driver's license in state of residence and good driving record required
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, individuals with a disability, and protected veterans.