At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Discover Debit Value Added Reseller Marketing Specialist within the PULSE Marketing Programs team, the person hired will support PULSE's Sales Account Executives with the marketing resources they need to serve Discover Debit Value Added Resellers (VARs) throughout the sales cycle and lifecycle of each client. The ideal candidate will have proven success through a track record of increasing responsibility in a Marketing role, preferably in the Payments industry working with Value Added Resellers. Key skills include expertise in marketing program development and implementation, consultative sales, and topline KPI metric development and tracking.
Responsible for supporting the sales and account executive functions needed to serve Value Added Resellers (VARs) throughout the sales cycle and lifecycle of each client. Works with Value Added Resellers by using skills in marketing program development and implementation, consultative sales, and topline KPI metric development and tracking.
- Supports the PULSE sales team by providing them with the key marketing content and training needed for the Discover Debit VAR account executives and the VAR marketing teams to sell effectively.
- Consults for related VARs about the sales process and marketing needs to sell to their clients, focusing on providing the VARs with issuer best practices for successful launches and continued engagement throughout the lifecycle of the program.
- Maintains and improves VAR net promoter scores as a notably organized, attentive, and flexible partner delivering a positive overall experience for the VAR.
- Works collaboratively with other areas such as PULSE sales, product, and operations teams in the delivery of effective training on the product to VARs for their frontline issuer employees.
- Advises VARs on the development and delivery to issuers of turnkey multi-channel marketing campaign recommendations that drive cardholder activation and usage.
- Serves as a brand ambassador by coordinating Discover Debit VAR kick-off events and provide VAR employees training on the features and functions of the card and program.
- Serves as a client advocate internally and works cross-functionally to make process improvements in order to simplify issuance.
- Manages client expectations in order to be mindful of timelines, resources and budget.
- Manages vendor relationships with creative agencies and technology partners to deliver on our promises.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
- 6+ years' experience with Marketing, advertising, agency account management or related within a payment industry environment
- In lieu of education, 10+ years' experience with Marketing, advertising, agency account management or related within a payment industry environment
- Travel up to 25%
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business or related field
- Strong Payment services/debit understanding
- Ability to write briefs, reports and develop PowerPoint presentations
- Experience in and demonstrate strong presentation and speaking skills
- Must be familiar with and demonstrate execution of human-centered design
- Attention-to-detail with a demonstrated ability for task-management and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working independently
- Ability to maintain responsiveness when faced with multiple clients requests
- Beneficial experience includes B2B and B2C in banking or financial services, experience with training automation, experience with Adobe creative suite, experience or knowledge of Agile work processes