The Senior Client Services Specialist is responsible for client reception, maintenance of medical records and medical assistance for the Refugee Health Screening Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintenance of Medical Records/Other
- Performs administrative duties such as reception and routing clients to include patient registration, capturing encounters, documenting third party insurance (i.e. Medicaid), creating and scheduling appointments in EPIC (electronic medical record), and handling telephone calls.
- Receives and monitors interpreter and taxi providers at the clinic.
- Provides translation for clinical staff when needed.
- Schedules patient referral appointments to approved external medical agencies and notifies the Nurse Navigator and/or Outreach Coordinators as requested.
- Performs data entry required for program reporting i.e. eSHARE.
- Follows approved medical record policies and procedures, including those dealing with client confidentiality.
- Retrieves, files, and ensures that medical records are available for client care.
- Prepares medical records for document imaging and scanning in accordance with HCPH Health Information medical record protocols.
- Processes release of information requests in a timely manner based on the direction of the RHSP Site Supervisor.
- Participates in various business processes or quality initiatives such as patient flow analysis, document imaging, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent; and
- Three (3) years of experience performing clerical office duties in a healthcare setting (hospital, physician or dental office, WIC clinic).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience navigating through electronic medical records.
To qualify for this position, required education, experience, knowledge and skills must be clearly stated on your application's employment history. Resumes are welcome, but we do not use
any information provided on your resume to qualify and refer you to the Hiring Department for consideration.
- Experience working with EPIC.
- Bilingual skills in another language in addition to English.
HOURS: LOCATION: SALARY:
Additional Information - Core Competencies:Organizational Leadership
- Commensurate with Experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
- Understands the organizational mission
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs
Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
- Ability to adapt to change
- Uses sound judgement
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Written and verbal English competency
- Able to read and follow directions
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.