State & Local Tax Acct- ATM-JR001641
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT ATTEMPT TO LIST ALL OF THE DUTIES THAT ARE OR MAY BE PERFORMED IN THIS POSITION.
PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY BE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING TAX AREAS:
1. Coordinates prepares and files Ad Valorem tax returns and any ancillary filings as may be required by the individual taxing jurisdictions in a timely manner.
2. Coordinates the accurate and timely payment of property tax invoices.
1. Coordinates prepares and files sales/use tax returns miscellaneous state and local transaction tax returns franchise fee reports and all associated payments in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures all invoices are accurate coded correctly and have proper approval levels.
General Tax Process
1. Coordinates tax exemption certificate file maintenance and revenue system maintenance including tax jurisdiction code assignments to ensure proper collection of sales tax and franchise fees. Responds to requests for verification that a valid certificate is on file.
2. Coordinates the preparation of occupational license applications/renewals and associated payments and journal entries.
1. Provides guidance to State and Local Tax Coordinators within the group in regards to state and local tax compliance.
2. Monitors internal controls to ensure the integrity of all state and local tax and franchise fee accounts and the resulting journal entries flowing into the general ledger relative to those accounts. Responsible for the reconciliation and posting of state and local tax and franchise fee accounts in the general ledger.
3. Assists in documenting accounting procedures processes and internal controls.
4. Coordinates in the design development implementation and maintenance of tax accounting systems.
5. Reviews and analyzes a variety of tax and accounting documents and verifies the accuracy of computations.
6. Communicates with internal and external personnel regarding audits tax and other related matters.
7. Assists with other state and local tax compliance issues as necessary.
Bachelor's degree in Business Accounting Taxation or a related field and one year experience in accounting taxation or related field; or equivalent.
Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers in order to obtain and/or provide explanations and/or modifications on technical or other complex concepts to individuals with little or no background in the area under discussion.
Requires the ability to perform analyses involving ratios percentages and simple statistical methods.
Advanced knowledge of various business computer applications in order to create complex documents reports or graphics. Needs prior experience working in a state and local tax software package.
Works in an office environment. Requires occasionally performing activities including but not limited to bending stooping grasping reaching twisting turning and/or lifting.
Atmos Energy Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity age national origin disability or veteran status.
Primary Location: Texas-Dallas
5430 LBJ Fwy
Organization: ATM-Dal-Property & Sales Tax 
Opening Date (Period for Applying) - External: Nov 18, 2019, 12:00:00 AM