Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc., one of the largest metals distributors in the US, is currently seeking an Intern to join our sales team in Dallas, TX for the summer 2020 term. Reporting to local Service Center leadership, the successful candidate will be given exposure to the metals industry through a mini-rotational experience in key functional areas within a Service Center. The internship program will focus on functional areas in Sales, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics and Inventory Management. Additionally, each Intern will own a project focused on identifying possible solutions to a "real-world" problem within our business. With measurable goals and objectives, based upon project performance, the successful candidate will have an exceptional vantage point from which to build a solid foundation for future career opportunities with Ryerson.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyzes provided data and operating conditions; makes and develops recommendations for implementing process improvements as needed.
* Partners with Ryerson Inc. team members to gain insight and understanding into Ryerson policies, procedures, and culture.
* Conducts market analysis research, identifies and cultivates relationships for Ryerson customers utilizing phone sales, marketing, social media, internet research; track data/results and share with members of the sales organization.
* Documents and assesses inventory management needs and improvements for existing accounts.
* The ideal candidate will possess an orientation for results, a strong work ethic, creativity, confidence and a passion for continuous improvement and excellence.
* Progressive matriculation towards a Bachelor's Degree; December 2020 & May 2021 graduates preferred.
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
* Prior work experience in sales/marketing is a plus.
* Ability to read blueprints is a plus.
* Ability to impact and influence others.
* Proficient with MS Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, Access and Outlook).
* Strong attention to detail with demonstrated analytical and organization abilities.
* Strong written and verbal communication.
* Personal initiative and leadership potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.