The pre-sales engineer collaborates with the sales team by acting as technical experts in customer presentations. In addition, they determine the technical requirements to meet client goals and act as liaison between the organization's sales and engineering groups. They also respond to requests for information or requests for proposals from customers, supplying the technical details of proposed solutions. This position is based in Emerson's office in Houston, TX.
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills, with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Have a working knowledge of our products and the unique value of our solutions.
- Gathers and assesses customer needs, challenges, and objectives both business and technical
- Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and customer training
- Proactively works with Sales Directors to establish strategies for target accounts
- Develops strategies to maximize market penetration and new product introductions
Supports marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Follows relevant market trends and competition and leverages this to advise the sales team and the product team.
Provides training and produces support material for the sales and engineering teams
Supplies technical details of the proposed solution for proposals
Identifies likely problem areas that require attention
Coordinate the transition between pre-sales specifications and implementation engineering once contracts have been awarded.
- Demonstrates initiative with the ability to seek out relevant information along with operating with a sense of urgency
- Ability to function with continuous changing priorities and challenges
Ability and desire to travel extensively approximately 50% to 75% of time anywhere in the world.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry in technical positions
2 years of experience as a pre-sales engineer or consultant
Knowledge of the midstream pipeline business
Demonstrated experience building and maintaining customer relationships
Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to .