When you work at Stewart,you're part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dreamof property ownership a reality around the world. Whether we're providingresidential and commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services orspecialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver comprehensiveservice, deep expertise and innovative customer solutions by way of our directoperations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers and family of companies. Joinour team and discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC) impactslives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estate servicesand solutions; we provide the security for building communities and dreams.
Stewart. Real partners. Realpossibilities. More information can be found at , subscribe to the Stewart blog at or follow Stewart on Twitter .
The Operations Manager I manages and coordinates organization, branch, production, functional or department operation/business strategies and activities.
* Responsible for the development and implementation of departmental activities and organization policies, practices, procedures, and attainment of operating goals and are designated according to functions, activities, or type of department assigned.
* Acts as a job knowledge expert lending expertise to less senior team members and peers.
* Assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified work or functional activities and disseminates policies and objectives to supervisors/staff.
* Reviews, analyzes, and prepares reports, records, and directives, and confers with team members/other departments to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
* Evaluates current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives to develop and implement improved procedures and practices.
* Leads activities of department with related activities of other departments to ensure efficiency and economies of scale.
* Organizes resources to ensure effective meet department/function goals.
* Gives work direction, resolves problems, prepares schedules, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
* Initiate or authorize associate hire, promotion, discharge, or transfer.
* Ensures adequate training of staff and associate compliance to organization's policies and practices and applicable statutory or regulatory requirements and laws.
* Monitors and analyzes costs and assist in preparation of department budget.
* Prepares reports and records on department activities for management.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed toensuring that its online application process provides an equal employmentopportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If youbelieve you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job openingor to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-729-1904 Option4 or by email at .