Locations Job Description Summary
To represent BD Peripheral Intervention in a specific geographical area assigned by the company, and take necessary action to attain sales objectives.
- Sells the entire product line to current and new accounts.
- Informs customers of new and current pricing, backorders, and company policies.
- Executes comprehensive in-service of products to all concerned individuals.
- Plans sales calls on a continuous basis, managing sales time effectively.
- Develops thorough knowledge of all products and clinical data.
- Informs District Manager of significant market changes and competitive activity.
- Achieves prompt, mutually satisfactory solutions to customer complaints.
- Analyzes customer needs and creates solutions.
- Maintains company automobile and company property.
- Completes and processes BD Peripheral Intervention reports including but not limited to: sales summary reports, expense reports, monthly product tracking reports, account targeting reports, and complaint reports in accordance with established procedures and policies.
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Management or related area
- Two to three years outside sales experience or equivalency
- Demonstrated human relation and communication skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Additional Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
- Product knowledge and all features and benefits of BD Peripheral Intervention products
- Surgical procedure knowledge, adequate to illustrate our product benefits
- Basic anatomy
- Medical and surgical terminology
- Thorough understanding of needs/analysis selling
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Understands contract administration
Primary Work LocationUSA AZ - Tempe BPV Building 3