Mobile Service Technician
Dallas South Dealership
Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America's largest Kenworth truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Mobile Service Technician. The role of the Mobile Service Technician is to perform heavy-duty mechanical truck repair and maintenance offsite at customer locations. Develops relationships with customers to achieve labor sales quota and increase sales to assigned accounts in a designated territory. Analyzes customer operations for opportunities to increase service sales in the given territory.
- Perform routine mechanical repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty truck equipment and related components with general supervision.
- Coordinates customer repair orders with Service Manager and Shop Foreman for task assignment. Coordinates with Service Advisor for proper work scheduling of all mobile maintenance business.
- Advises customer of needed service work, as well as suggests additional labor, parts, and body shop sales whenever possible (i.e. Preventive Maintenance Inspections, related service work, etc.).
- Follows safe work practices and procedures, uses safety equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeks assistance when necessary. Ensures proper safety, care, and maintenance of company vehicles assigned to the technician. Reports any damage to company or customer equipment or property immediately to supervisor.
- Maintains favorable relations with customers.
- Creates and closes repair orders in the MHC business system to document the repair work performed and the time spent completing the repair. Completes paperwork as required to accurately document the work performed.
- Controls business expenses within the approved expense budget and is responsible for tooling and parts inventory on the service truck.
- Oversees the operations of assigned customers in territory. Calls upon key accounts (current and prospective) regularly. Introduces items such as preventive maintenance, new products and promotions, reemphasizes existing products and services and provide literature as necessary.
- Responsible for achieving labor sales objectives and quota for assigned accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
MHC is an expansion of the original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded.
MHC is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of finance and insurance services.
We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential - a place where you can grow as a person and a professional.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- OEM Continued Education
- Safety Incentives
- Extensive Training and Engine Certification
- Uniforms and Laundry Service
- Latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipment
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training
- Minimum three years' heavy duty truck repair experience.
- A/C, Brake and DOT Annual Inspector certifications required. Engine and Component certifications are a plus.
- Must be self motivated and capable of working with little supervision.
- Must have a commitment to customer satisfaction and perform quality repairs.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Must have a positive can-do attitude.
- Necessary tools to perform position responsibilities.
- Class A or B CDL and / or DOT medical card may be required depending upon the size of mobile service vehicle.