SUMMER Intern - Dallas
*** Only students currently enrolled in an architecture or design program will be considered.
IA Interior Architects, the only global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interior architecture, is hiring for an intern in the Dallas office, and is now accepting applications.
While working under direct supervision an intern functions as an Entry Level Designer and performs a broad variety of drafting and/or design tasks. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Modifying drawings to incorporate design and technical changes
* Creating or modifying presentation documents
* Selecting finishes and producing finish palettes
* Assisting with scheduling vendor presentations and library filing and organization
* Assisting with site verifications, field surveys or punch walks
* Providing project administrative support (record keeping, faxing, transmitting, copying, packaging drawing, filing, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
* Currently enrolled in an architecture or design program
* Currently enrolled in third year of bachelor program or higher
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of space planning and design methodology
* Working knowledge of design drawings and documentation.
* Working knowledge of the application of color, materials and aesthetic form
* Basic verbal and written communication skills
* Basic knowledge of design process and phasing procedures
* Basic MS Office application skills
* Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Suite software
* Intermediate sketching and rendering skills
* Intermediate Revit skills
Applicants selected for an interview must provide their travel arrangements at their own expense.
To be considered, please provide the following information with your online application:
* Samples of Work
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran