40 hours per week","description":"
At Niagara, we're looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
- Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
- Develop lasting relationships with great people.
- Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
Phoenix AZ - Quality Assurance Manufacturing Development Program
The Quality Assurance Manufacturing Development Program (QA MDP) will have the opportunity to learn all about what it means to be part of the Niagara Bottling family through a 15-month rotational program at one of Niagara's innovative plants. During this time, the QA MDP will learn to be a crucial member of the manufacturing team that keeps the heart of the Niagara business pumping. The QA MDP fellow is intended to develop individuals contributors into QA Manager or Supervisor at one of Niagara's numerous manufacturing facilities. The QA MDP will report to Corporate QA.
The quality rotation will include the following training focal points. Length of time spent in each area of study will vary depending on candidate experience and growth once placed. (Timelines are Recommendations):
- Orientation week with Quality Team (2 weeks)
- MDP formal rotation (8 weeks)
- Orientation with Plant Manager
- Operations Overview
- Plant Engineer
- Blow Molding
- Production Supervisor
- Plant Human Resources and Safety
- Warehouse / Distribution
- Quality Technician Training (4 weeks)
- Onboard training / shift coverage
- Perform all Technician Duties during this rotation
- Quality Supervisor Training (8 weeks)
- Onboard training / shift coverage
- Travel and Witness Beverage Line Operation (1 week)
- Quality Manager Rotation (6 weeks)
- Perform all QA manager duties during the 6 week rotation
- Review each week with Plant QA Manager
- Weekly report cards to be generated and reviewed
- Additional Quality Orientation
- Visit Corporate Office (1 week)
- Meet and Greet with Corporate Quality Staff
- Visit 1 additional Niagara Production Facility (1 week)
- Shadow Quality department at another facility
- Continue working with Plant Quality staff until further placement is available (10-20 weeks)
- Additional training or certifications to be completed during program:
- Niagara U Leadership Training Sessions
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- HACCP Certification
- SQF Practitioner Certification
- IBWA CPO Certification
- Spring Site Visit
- Title 21 Sampling
- Trailer Wash Station Audit
- 3PL Warehouse Audit
With Niagara Bottling growing at such a rapid rate, the MDP must grow with it to sustain its success. As a result, the MDP has grown by 100% in the past 24 months alone! The MDP growth has also translated into growth in career opportunities. The MDP has a tradition of offering individuals who show commitment to the Niagara Life full-time opportunities at Niagara Bottling!
The MDP also is a strong advocator of diversity and is always looking to gain new and different insight. During these 12 months, you will meet a lot of people, learn a lot about Niagara Bottling, develop your skills, share and potentially implement your ideas, and most importantly, fulfill our goal for you to have you become a leader of people or a process!
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
The QA MDP embodies the values of Niagara's LIFE competency model, focusing on the following key drivers of success:
- Lead like an owner
- Overcomes obstacles and demonstrates a sense of urgency in achieving objectives
- Demonstrates honesty and readily admits to mistakes
- Prioritizes resolution of customer issues effectively
- Makes recommendations to continually improve policies, methods, procedures and/or products
- Challenges upwards effectively and appropriately
- Increases performance through greater efficiency
- Demonstrates adaptability by reacting appropriately to unexpected changes in situations or circumstances
- Confronts tough issues respectively and to resolution
- Find a way
- Demonstrates the skills and behaviors required to achieve individual performance expectations
- Seeks to develop technical knowledge through learning from other experts
- Demonstrates determination and persistence while treating others with respect
- Seeks solutions rather than placing blame
- Empowered to be great
- Consistently looks for ways to improve one's self through growth and development opportunities
- Suspends instant judgment in order to seek information, when safety is not an issue
- Has courageous conversations around difficult issues
- Communicates clearly and promptly up, down and across
- Demonstrates active listening
- Is open-minded when forming opinions
- Communicates effectively to manage expectations
Additionally, the QA MDP will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Strong academic record
- Demonstrated leadership success
- Adaptable, analytical and a team player
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and communication skills
- Drive to succeed
- Minimum Required:
- Bachelors degree in biology, microbiology, chemistry, environmental science, or food science
- Required: NA
- Preferred: NA
- Required: None Required
- Preferred: None
Niagara Bottling LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.