Description of the job, responsibilities and duties.
The First Airline Food Equipment Handler is responsible for catering the aircrafts and transporting meals/beverages/equipment to assigned flights. They are in charge of providing excellent customer airline service. Must have the ability to follow direction, meet tight deadlines, and interact/communicate with vendor airline crew as necessary.
- Follow direction, verbal and written
- Meet tight deadlines
- Interact/communicate with vendor airline crew as necessary
- Push and/or lift over 50 lbs
- Work in all climates throughout the year (indoor/outdoor)
- Pass a DOT Pre-Employment Physical and on going physicals per DOT standards
- Pass an airport and TSA background check
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Fully comply will all work rules and regulations
- Be extremely flexible and able to react to changing priorities
- Communicate with Customers/Coworkers
- Have no scheduling restrictions (able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Be organized and able to work under extreme pressure
- Pass a basic written test
- Pass a basic driving skills test
- Other duties as assigned
- Will be exposed to various temperature changes (hot and cold) and noise
- This position requires to be active, walking, heavy lifting and pushing 50+ lbs.
- Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
- Expose to fall hazards
- Free Lunch/Parking/Uniforms
- Membership in the American Airlines Credit Union
- After 2 months you become part of the local union
- A variety of insurance and benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401k and so much more!
After 90 days of employment through LSG Sky Chefs employees are eligible for:
- New Hire Incentive Bonus
- Participation in the company's 401k
- Life Insurance Benefits (Basic and Supplemental)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Disability Benefits (Short-Term and Long-Term)
- Employee Assistance Program
Shift: Flex between 4:00 AM and 4:00 PM based on Seniority Shift Bidding (Schedule will be set)
Overtime Offered: As Needed
Location: 2120 West 33rd St. Dallas, Texas 75261
CDL Class A or B Certification required with at least 1 or more years of experience. Must be able to obtain a TSA clearance. Must be able to pass a DOT physical and medical exam.
Dallas, Texas, United States