|Program||Harris County - Atascocita Men's Program|
|Description||We are seeking a Counselor Liaison to assist clients with recovery and transition. This individual will primary be responsible for monitoring and observing clients to ensure their safety and well-being, and providing motivational support and guidance to assist them in meeting therapeutic goals.|
* Assists with and provides didactic group counseling, including educating clients on actions needed to successfully achieve treatment goals, to promote the development of effective life skills to support a healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
* Supervises client therapeutic and recreational activities, including making rounds, touring grounds, taking census counts, and intervenes as necessary to control or channel inappropriate behaviors to ensure safety and well-being of clients.
* Monitors client behavior and reports observations, missing clients, incidents or unusual occurrences; Assists team in maintaining consistent setting for treatment and coordinating client interaction events.
* Contributes to decisions regarding treatment plans, conflict intervention, or privileges.
* Guides and motivates clients to comply with program rules and regulations. Notifies appropriate personnel of clients failing to comply with program rules and regulations.
* Documents and maintains records in accordance with the contractual requirements, which may include recording group hours, therapeutic treatments, activity or group participation, to ensure records are complete, accurate, and up to date.
* Schedules, coordinates, and transports clients to appointments as necessary, in cooperation with treatment team members.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
|Requirements||* Associates degree with a concentration in psychology, social work, mental health counseling, criminology, criminal justice, substance abuse counseling, or a related field|
* Must obtain a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern (LCDC-I) or a Certified Criminal Justice Professional Applicant (CCJPA) or a Peer Recovery Support Specialist (PRS) within 12 months of employment in this role
* Valid local driver's license, good driving record and must be at least 21 years of age
* Ability to effectively communicate effectively with others, interact and establish a rapport with clients, and to develop therapeutic relationship
* Ability to facilitate positive group interaction and mutual support
* Ability to use intervention methods to bring positive behavioral changes in clients
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Must be able to obtain clearance from Harris County.
~Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.~